Accepting Applications for Volunteer Coordinator
The FRONT Line - Volunteer Coordinator position for An American City
January through September 30th, 2018
To effectively work on sites throughout the city of Cleveland, Akron and Oberlin, FRONT International has established the FRONT Line, a volunteer group of art and culture enthusiasts. FRONT Line volunteers will contribute meaningfully to the Triennial and its visitors while gaining valuable insight into the workings of a major art festival. FRONT Line volunteers will be provided with exhibition training. They will have strong knowledge and a keen interest in contemporary art, architecture and design, demonstrate professionalism and be outgoing with confidence to engage visitors and answer questions about the festival.
The Volunteer Coordinator will manage the FRONT Line volunteer database and its members. In this role, the Volunteer Coordinator will take the lead as the liaison between the volunteers, the FRONT team and our exhibition partners, to provide volunteer assistance for the Triennial. Requests for assistance at events, programs, project site locations and exhibition venues will be facilitated by this individual. The Volunteer Coordinator will become familiar with all volunteers in order to create and manage schedules and fill each needed position. The Volunteer Coordinator will report to the Director of Public Programs and Engagement.
- Available to begin January through September 30, 2018
- Outgoing and confident to engage all audiences
- Punctual, proactive and responsible
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Knowledgeable about Microsoft or Google documents
- Must have an interest in contemporary art, architecture or design
- Previous volunteer experience required. Supervisory experience a plus
- Flexible work schedule, available to work evenings and weekends
- Paid hourly, rate based on experience
- Send cover and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org