FRONT is seeking an exhibition production services contractor
FRONT International: Cleveland Triennial for Contemporary Art is seeking an exhibition production services contractor for the execution of artistic commissions for its upcoming, 2025 edition. We are looking for a dynamic, self-motivated, and experienced individual to support our roster of artists in the production of site-specific projects including, but not limited to: public sculpture, art installations, prints, multiples, as well as the production of events and exhibition displays in multiple locations in Cleveland and beyond. Active artists are encouraged to apply.
- Assist artists in fabrication of their work conducted locally, in Cleveland and Northeast Ohio by connecting to production facilities and overseeing the production process; coordinate the planning, design, and execution of those projects including scheduling, assisting with budget estimation, and tracking expenses
- Oversee exhibition production and implementation in close collaboration with Chief Curator, proactively identify solutions to practical problems relating to production, installation, and display
- Produce or assist with the production of time-based events (concerts, performances, talks, workshops)
- Regularly communicate with Chief Curator, Managing Director, and other FRONT team members to ensure the projects meet required timeline and budget goals and quality standards
- Utilize project management best practices and tools, such as detailed project schedules, exhibition calendars, budgets, and communication platforms, to ensure high-quality results are completed on time and on budget
- Oversee installation of artworks on site, including troubleshooting any issues that may arise
- Other related services, as assigned
- Experience working with artists, designers, and/or architects
- Demonstrable knowledge of fabrication and manufacturing businesses in Northeast Ohio
- Experience in project management and/or coordination
- Ability to address practical challenges creatively and within assigned budget
- Ability to manage a few projects simultaneously and on a short deadline
- Openness to a dynamic work environment
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong time management skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in event planning is a plus
- Experience in making / constructing (art or otherwise) is a plus
Hours are variable: up to 20 hours per week in 2024; up to 40 hours per week in 2025. Pay range is $20–$30 per hour depending on experience.
How to apply:
Please send a resume and a cover letter outlining your interests in working with us to email@example.com by February 2, 2024 for consideration. Selected applicants will be invited to interview in February 2024.
We recognize that applicants may not have all of the skills and qualifications listed. However, if you have many of these qualifications and a passion for making and supporting artists, please apply for this role.
Who we are:
FRONT International: Cleveland Triennial for Contemporary Art is a free, public art exhibition that takes place across Cleveland, Akron, and Oberlin every three years. FRONT empowers artists to activate and reimagine public spaces through a large-scale exhibition that aims to be provocative, intellectually and aesthetically rigorous, and rooted in the place and spirit of our region. A destination event that positions Northeast Ohio as a global cultural hub, FRONT delivers world-class projects and programs through its network of partnerships with museums and institutions across the region, including The Cleveland Museum of Art, the Allen Memorial Art Museum, Akron Art Museum, moCa Cleveland, Case Western Reserve University, and Cleveland Public Library. We invest in artists and celebrate our partners. FRONT’s third edition will take place across Cleveland, Akron, and Oberlin July 16 – October 5, 2025.
FRONT Exhibition Company is an equal opportunity organization and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.