FRONT Art Futures Fellowship
FRONT International: Cleveland Triennial for Contemporary Art occupies a unique place in the arts ecosystem of Cleveland. As the organizer of a major international contemporary art exhibition and a convener of visual arts institutions in the region, FRONT is an important platform for artists to gain recognition and build careers. In this role, FRONT has a responsibility to help turn the tables on systemic inequity in the visual arts by increasing access to opportunities and resources for local artists of color.
FRONT is introducing a three-year Art Futures Fellowship program for emerging Northeast Ohio-based visual artists of color (Black, Latinx, Indigenous, and Asian American Pacific Islander) that will provide significant and sustained financial and professional support for career development and opportunity. The Fellowship will be awarded on a three-year cycle to three recipients who live and work in Cuyahoga, Geauga, Lake, Lorain, Portage, or Summit counties. Awardees will be honored at the FRONT Gala on Thursday, July 14, 2022.
Please reach out with any questions to Deidre McPherson, FRONT Director of Artistic and Community Initiatives, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nominating & Selection Committee:
A group of community partners will publicize and promote the Fellowship, nominate applicants, and select a group of finalists:
• Fred Bidwell, FRONT
• Michael Gill, CAN Triennial
• Tirzah Legg, FAVA Gallery
• Letitia Lopez, Julia de Burgos Cultural Arts Center
• Deidre McPherson, FRONT
• Dara Harper, Akron Black Artist Guild
• Michael Russell, Museum of Creative Human Art
• Annie Wischmeyer, FRONT
FRONT Artistic Team:
The FRONT Artistic Team will select final Fellowship awardees:
• Evelyn Burnett, ThirdSpace Action Lab
• Courtenay Finn, moCa Cleveland
• Prem Krishnamurthy, FRONT
• Tina Kukielski, Art21
• Emily Liebert, Cleveland Museum of Art
• Kameelah Janan Rasheed, Artist
• Tereza Ruller, The Rodina
• Murtaza Vali, Curator-At-Large
Art Futures Fellowship Awardee video produced by McKinley Wiley of The Dark Room Company.